CHANGE….The one thing many of us want, but, we choose to excuse ourselves time and time again, this is and is not a good time of the year to discuss change, the reason for that is at the moment we are busy, more than usual with the festive season upon us, and also within no time we will be telling ourselves, what wonderful new things we are going to incorporate into our life in the New Year. And sorry I have to say 90% will not be done ! So, I am hoping this post will ring true to some of you looking for that change, whether it be career orientated, direction, relationship or even a move to another country or just pastures new ! If this is the case and you have finally decided to make that move towards change, you will store this post safe and sound and make reference to it after the holidays.
As you can see, by this wonderful quote, all you need is YOU…. however this does mean YOU 100% anything less, don’t even make the effort, seriously, you really need to want this, it cannot be done as a hobby……..So this would be my guide lines.
1. How you see it, how is your private life movie, do you know it like your favourite all time movie, you have to know how your change would look like in your movie, can you picture this, not how to do it, how it would be in your life 24/7, this is like the favourite “know what you want” question, you can’t direct a movie without knowing the script, and you are the writer,the director, the actor, this is your movie, it is not based on anyone else or anyone’s opinions about you, this is you making a change, for you, the things YOU wish to change, not someone else, when you decide to make a change in your life, it should always be your choice, your decision it must come from you, from within……a deep desire of your own.
2. Your commitment is essential, you have to believe in what you are doing, that this is for you, you are worthy and deserve this change.
3. WHY..Can you answer this, the reason why is so very important, apart from yourself, do you wish to take your family to a new life, do you wish to improve your relationships. The reason is your principal motivation, the new job or life, you need to know your why. If you don’t know your why, how do you know you are moving in the right direction. You have to know what you don’t want to appreciate what you do !
4. ROUTINE..You have to introduce your changes in a clear orderly fashion into your life, change does not take place overnight, it can take time, but you have to start your change from day 1, make it part of your everyday living, this may be difficult at first, but practice makes perfect, the more you do it, it becomes a habit, so you have formed a new habit into making your change, you have to be constant and step up, this is for you and that should be a good enough reason to place anything new into your daily routine. Don’t let time put you of track,take something out of your life that no longer serves you on your new journey, and if that is not possible make the time.
5. MOVE UP..A change can mean a change in your social or status in general, do not be afraid to raise the bar, there is nothing wrong with improvement in any shape or form, of you or your life. We all have a ladder, which we move up as we go through life, this is not referring to material things, it can involve your personal growth, a happier life in relationships etc., it does not have to be money related for you to raise your standards.
Nothing is impossible, excuses may stop you,but you can also make it possible.