1. Get into action, the quicker you incorporate yourself into your daily routine the better. One of the main reasons we can feel down is due to non activity, boredom !! If you are feeling down you will not feel like doing anything , you will feel lost. This is why you should start your day in full activity, keep active, it does not matter what you are doing, just be occupied.
2. Organise your day, establish routines that keep you active during the day, include an hour for lunch, include activities that can be informative, hobby orientated etc., You may be thinking that if you are feeling down, it is difficult to plan your day, for this reason you need to plan.
3. Think positive thoughts, clean out your mind of all those negative thoughts, this will not change your immediate situation that you don’t like, but it will stop you from being blocked, and will help you to look at the future with more excitement.
4. Concentrate more on the moment, think of the immediate benefits, at times we feel bad thinking of the future problems,that we anticipate without cause.
5. Keep a diary of all personal benefits,each day write down three things that you have enjoyed and that are present in your life, mark it from 0 to 10 ,thinking of this will make you feel better,at times they can be simple things like a coffee , an enjoyable walk a chat with friends or even a smile from someone you pass on the street.
6. Strengthen your self-esteem, think and concentrate on your qualities and strengths and forget what you feel less confident about, this is not the time to criticise it’s time to be happy for the small steps we achieve.
Brooke Universal Coaching.